Saturday, September 19, 2015

I Choose Your Adventure! Chapter 2

This is the continuation of the story! I will continue to post weekly updates to this game. I hope you all enjoy!

Ryuuto chooses to:
1. Meet Itou Nagisa on the roof by himself after school.
2. Bring Kyousuke and meet Itou Nagisa on the roof after school.
3. Tease Yuna about meeting Nagisa after school into getting her to come along.
4. Forget Nagisa and ask to meet Yuna at the school gate after school.

The invitation was directed at him for some reason, but Ryuuto had nothing to answer with. Kyousuke, however, had a smile plastered across his face as if he was enjoying every minute of life. "Of course you're going, right Ryuuto?" Kyousuke asks in his usual flippant voice.
"I don't exactly have a reason to go, do I?"
"But you also don't have a reason to not go, do you?"
"Hey wait, if you're going, then I'm go--" Yuna tried to say, but
"No, I don't think you should this time, Nakajou-chan." Kyousuke cut her off with that line in almost a serious tone of voice. Before the silence of the conversation could permeate any further, Kyousuke made his next move. "Well, I'll excuse myself here, then. See you tomorrow, Ryuu-kyun."
In his usual fashion of irritating Ryuuto, he took his leave there along with his tray.
"... So? What do you plan on doing to Itou-san while on the roof?" Yuna asks with an intimidating aura.

Ryuuto chooses to:
1) Escape quickly without answering Yuna.
2) Answer Yuna in a vague manner.
3) Answer Yuna in a direct manner.
4) Answer Yuna without knowing of Nagisa's goal.


"I'm not going to do anything to Itou but hear her out. And, even if both Kyousuke and I tell you not to come, you're still going to come anyway, right?" Ryuuto responses inquisitively. "ehe, you figured me out." Yuna said reluctantly. Ryuuto sighs at her remark, then reluctantly stands up, taking his tray with him, as lunch time was nearly over. "I guess I'll see you at the rooftop after school?" Yuna says as Ryuuto was leaving with a smirk. "Yeah." Ryuuto reluctantly said. After school ends, Ryuuto made his way to the rooftop with Yuna following behind Ryuuto as he opens the door to the rooftop. Kyousuke was already there waiting. He looks up at Ryuuto as he enters and with an indifferent smile when he sees Yuna following him out. Before Ryuuto had the chance to say anything, the door behind him opened, revealing Nagisa with a troubled face. Sensing the atmosphere, Kyousuke took action and dragged Yuna back inside while she was complaining. After their presence left the rooftop, Ryuuto spoke. "Well, before you say anything, what did I do to deserve your complete and undivided attention?" Ryuuto's concern was expected, as Nagisa was considered one of the top beauties in the school and this could bring out unwanted attention and rumors spreading.

"Takahashi Ryuuto-kun, I chose you because I felt you were someone I could trust. Saotome-kun was out because of what he does on the side, and you know that better than anyone." Saotome Kyousuke was an information dealer. If he got direct information from her, it might be easily bought from those she did not want to know about it. "Why not ask Nakajou-san or one of your friends?" Ryuuto asked. "This is something that I can only ask you," she said with resignation. Not trusting Yuna-chan makes sense, although she can keep secrets, she's not the type to actually take action unless it suits her. A touch of concern drifted on Ryuuto's face as he pondered this.

"Go on.." Nagisa exhaled once then began, "What Saotome-kun said at lunch was only part of the reason I can't accept the presidency. Akagami Ringo will definitely say something if I try to accept the presidency, and my brother will be suspended or expelled. For certain reasons, we have to take a moped to school and it's not just out of convenience. The reason I called you out here is to tell you something that must stay between us." Nagisa says sternly. Ryuuto nods and she continues, "What I said earlier about the student council falling apart is not the entire truth. While I may be the secretary, I know that Takezawa Kouhei, the head of general affairs is secretly building up power to take the presidency. Although he initially refused the president's call for succession, I still have reasons to believe that he won't give up that easily. I also hold some cards that will undermine his presidency. Because I have only avoided responding to the president's call for succession, I believe he will try to prevent me from accepting the presidency. Before I tell you any more, I need to know if you are willing to help me defeat Takezawa or not."

Ryuuto chooses to:

1. Accept Nagisa's proposal.
2. Accept Nagisa's proposal but maintain a certain distance.
3. Ask Nagisa "What's in it for him?"
4. Accept Nagisa's proposal and ask Kyousuke for help.
5. Think deeply about the information presented.


Being told key pieces of information one after the other, Ryuuto needed a moment to chew on the pieces themselves. In an unexaggerated movement, he brought his right arm up and rested his hand on his forehead as he looked towards the sky. The sun was still at an odd angle, and the shadows started to stretch ever onwards.

"Bring down Takezawa, huh..." Ryuuto muttered in an exasperated tone. First of all, there's the whole internal power struggle between the two parties of Nagisa and Takezawa. Between the two, they each have dirt they can smear on the other to prevent them from succeeding in becoming a full-fledged presidential candidate. The current president is retiring, along with the other two senpai members, and they at least must be somewhat aware of what's going on; which would explain why they'd advertise for election candidates to step forth. But that has also added a fuel to Takezawa's ambition of gaining as much firepower as possible to believe he can aim for presidency without error. Then the more docile option of Nagisa as president has an undisclosed secret to which they intentionally break a school regulation, while trying their utmost to keep it a secret.

With a voice loaded with expectations, Nagisa soon asks,
"Well?"


Ryuuto chooses to:
1) Join Nagisa in her cause to overturn Takezawa, with hopes of Nagisa gaining presidency.
2) Join Nagisa in her cause to overturn Takezawa, with the plan of having a third party student gain presidency.
3) Refuse to help Nagisa outright.

4) Refuse to offer assistance, until you've heard more.

After pondering a bit more, Ryuuto decides that there has to me more to this than Nagisa is telling him, not referring to the dirt that she holds on Takezawa. "Before I can accept your proposal, I have a few questions of my own." A noticeable frown showed on Nagisa's face as he said this. "First is that I think there's more to it that you're not telling me as to why it has to be me. I mean, I haven't known you long enough to say that we are close friends to give you an impression as to why I can be trusted. Who is to say that after this, I could go to Kyousuke and tell me everything you told me! Please tell me the real reason it has to be me." Sighing at this, Nagisa folded her arms, shifting her weight slightly to her left, shaking her head and confessed, "As expected of Ryuu-chan." Suddenly, like a lightning bolt hit him, memories of his childhood flooded his brain as he stood there frozen with a stupefied look on his face. "Na-Nagi-chan?!" This so called "Nagi-chan" was his next door neighbor and childhood friend who moved away suddenly in the middle of first year in his middle school days. Up until now, he hadn't gotten a real explanation as to why they moved away. "Do you remember now?" Nagisa asked while smiling calmly, revealing no trace of the earlier awkwardness she had exhibited. "Yeah. Now I have even more questions!" Ryuuto said excitedly.

Ryuuto chooses to:

1. Ask about why her family moved away.
2. Ask about her current situation involving as to why they need to take a moped to school.
3. Ask about her life up until now(in general).
4. Ask her why she joined the student council(The Nagi-chan he knew liked breaking the rules)



No comments:

Post a Comment