Saturday, September 26, 2015

I Choose Your Adventure chapter 3

Here's your weekly dose of I choose your adventure! This week was a little shorter though. Hopefully it will be longer next week.


Ryuuto chooses to:

1. Ask about why her family moved away.
2. Ask about her current situation involving as to why they need to take a moped to school.
3. Ask about her life up until now(in general).
4. Ask her why she joined the student council(The Nagi-chan he knew liked breaking the rules)


----- Ryuuto decides that it was not time to be intending to catch up with Nagisa right now was a good idea. Nor questioning why she's even in the student council now; it's clearly to help cover the moped situation into being just baseless rumors, but now it seems to have finally backfired. So Ryuuto decides to ask the important question, "So Itou," Nagisa clearly twitched her eyebrows at how Ryuuto called her name, "Why are you taking the moped to school? I need a clear answer."

----- "... Nagi-chan."
----- "Huh?"
----- "Start calling me Nagi-chan again now that you've remembered me." Nagisa said in a stern voice.
----- "There's no way I can call you Nagi-chan now."
----- "Then I'll compromise with just Nagisa."
----- "... Fine," Ryuuto sighs, "But quit changing the subject now. The moped explanation, if you would please."

----- Nagisa slowly turns her head off into the horizon, clearly visible from the rooftop. A simple breeze passes by from where she gazes, making her hair flutter in the soft wind. "It'll take a while to explain the whole situation, but I suppose I should start from the top from when I had to move. Is that fine?"


Ryuuto chooses to:
1) Deny the entire explanation, and coerce for the moped answer.
2) Agree to listen to the entire story. 
3) Agree to listen to the entire story (but lose focus halfway through and miss some information).
4) Agree to listen to the entire story, to only get interrupted by a third party.

"Yeah, that's fine. Go ahead." Nagisa took a deep breath before she began to tell her story. "I'm sorry Ryuu-chan that I wasn't able explain this to you that day we moved away. You see, my father had to move because of work. It just so happens that he works for the government. Because of the disastrous event at that time, we weren't allowed to tell people we were moving for safety reasons, as people from the government and their families were being targeted. We moved practically to the other side of the country, so there was no way for me to contact you. When we were able to move back, it seems like you had already forgotten about me. The moped is something my father decided out of careful consideration. While they can be dangerous to drive, it was decided as the most cost efficient. You see, even though that event has long since passed, my father felt that having a moped with his driving skills ingrained in my brother would provide a means to escape should anything happen.

As Nagisa said this, he thought back to the disastrous event that happened at the beginning of his middle school first year. A group of terrorists, known as Red Ashes, infiltrated the government and was able to kill several well known government officials and politicians. The country was in uproar and the government took several measures to protect its officials and families of officials. It was to be expected that one of those measures was to relocate their families to a more secure location.

"But, since my father's decision was in conflict with the school's policy, we were at a loss as to what to do about it. Of course, my father tried already to contact the board of education to make an exception, but because he was not allowed to reveal that he worked for the government, the board of education was not satisfied with my father's reasons. I told my father I would take care of it, since the student council can change school policy as well. So, this is where you come in Ryuu-chan. I need to become the student council president in order to make this change. Will you, or will you not help me become the student council president?" Nagisa stood there in anticipation of Ryuuto's answer.

"I..."

Ryuuto chooses to:

1. Help Nagisa in her cause
2. Reject Nagisa in her cause and try to find an alternative to using a moped.
3. Become president instead asking for Nagisa's support
4. Hug Nagisa.

----- "I..." Ryuuto pauses briefly, contemplating a certain aspect. "I don't think you should become president, Nagisa."
----- "What--"
----- "Let me finish," Ryuuto raises his hand towards Nagisa. "I'll take your place and become president." Nagisa stares dumbfounded towards Ryuuto even as he continues talking. "Since the voluntary applications are valid, and both the SC officers publicly denied the ascension to President, they both can't vie for the seat; if they did, there'd just be problems for both of you no matter what. As a third party applicant I'd be free from the politics regarding the SC, and since there isn't any solid evidence between you and I being associated with each other for the past few years, it'll be that much easier to take any opposition head-on. And the biggest reason isn't the process of becoming president for you, it's the simple act of you becoming president that would be most dangerous for me to leave you in."
----- "Eh?"
----- "If you were to become a figurehead of a school's student council, you won't be able to stay in hiding any longer against any dark forces. Not to mention, if you do manage to change the school rules about the moped, it'd just look unfavorable for your image if you start showing up via moped from then on; as if you became president just to change that."
----- "But wouldn't you be doing the same thing?" Nagisa asked.
----- "Essentially, I would be; but I plan on using a bicycle to commute to this school until I graduate. So tweaking the rules a bit will just make me look like a benevolent president who wanted to help make the school better."
----- "But, are you sure you'll become the president?"

Ryuuto chooses to say:
1) "Of course. Do you not trust my ability?"
2) "Yeah, sure; it sounds exciting."
3) "On second thought, maybe I won't become president."

Nagisa stands there dumbfounded for a moment, but then quickly recovers and an indescribable expression surfaces on her face. "You really have changed, Ryuu-chan. The you back then would just pass something like this off as bothersome and leave the consequences to others." "Only if it didn't concern us," Ryuuto interjected. Sensing an approaching presence from behind the rooftop door, Nagisa leans in closer and whispers in his ear, "I'll be counting on Ryuu-chan from now on." Immediately after she says this, she dashes towards the door. Opening it, she bumps into Kyousuke. After apologizing quickly, she dashes down the stairs, leaving Kyousuke stunned for a moment. As the door closes, Nagisa is already down the flight of stairs, leaving Ryuuto feeling like he forgot something, when she almost bumps into Yuna. "Where are you going in such a hurry?" asks Yuna with a not-all-too curious look on her face. Nagisa manages to utter an apology, then attempts to walk past Yuna, but is blocked by her. "Move aside, please," Nagisa says in a hurried manner. "Not until you answer a few questions," Yuna responds with an arrogant smile.

Realizing it was futile to try and force her way past someone that was physically stronger than her, Nagisa reluctantly says, "Okay, what do you want to know?" Seeing her obedient reaction, Yuna was tempted to force her against the wall, but decided against it. "The first thing I want to know is, what is your relationship with Takahashi Ryuuto?" Hearing this unsurprising question, Nagisa looks up at Yuna and replies, "Ryuuto is someone very important to me. You will know how close, soon enough." Somewhat satisfied with her answer, Yuna responds, "Second question: What are you really planning? I find it hard to believe with what is at stake you would really let Takezawa win like this. Even if you get Ryuuto's help, its doubtful he will even accomplish anything, let alone overcome Takezawa's trap." A look of determination floats on Nagisa's face as she shouts at Yuna, "You don't even know what Ryuuto is really capable of, or that he can become pr-" Nagisa hurriedly stops herself from saying that last word. "Oh, what were you about to say? I believe I just got all the answers that I needed." With a laugh, Yuna turns around to leave.

Nagisa chooses to:

1. Leave school having completed her student council work, and act like nothing happened.
2. Run back to Ryuuto for help.
3. Follow Yuna secretly in an attempt to discover her aim.
4. Continue to investigate the "trap" that Yuna mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment